I was just made aware of a fun game of tag going around the blogosphere that helps us bloggers share some fun, random information with you readers so you can get to know us better. I was lucky to be tagged by Green Juice, which is a fantastic blog (give it a read!). I thought this was perfect for a nice light and fun weekend post, so I’m game. Read on to see how the game works, find out more about me, and see who I’ve tagged to play the game next. Hope you enjoy!
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about ?you are tagged if you are reading this.? blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 people!
1. I love trying out different hobbies and crafts?my favorites have been gemology/jewelry making, knitting, card making, and polymer clay design.
|A very cool sweater I knitted…|
2. I prefer staycations to vacations. I’m one of the very few people who shudder at the thought of packing up my stuff and my family, dealing with traveling hassles, sleeping in strange beds and eating strange food, schlepping back, and unpacking. I really like my life and my home and would rather just stay here!
3. My favorite color is tanzanite (also my favorite gemstone)?the perfect mix of blue and purple.
4. I’m a Gemini
5. I love watching reality talent shows and adding my two cents to the judging panel regardless of whether or not I know anything about the subject matter.
6. I’m obsessed with the TV show ?Once Upon a Time? (thanks to my sister)
7. I love to sing and did a LOT of musical theater growing up (I was a double threat?good singer and actress?not so much with the dancing)
8. I love the King Arthur/Camelot/Merlin legend and love to read books and watch shows/movies about it. I enjoy the different takes.
9. I have a large, metallic framed picture of Middle Earth in my family room.
|C’mon…you have to admit this is pretty cool.|
10. I can’t wait till I’m rich but I don’t want to be famous (at least not to the point where I make the tabloids).
11. I’m a closet procrastinator?I get a lot done, I don’t miss deadlines, and I’ve gotten better at time management out of necessity but it?s always a challenge.
1. How much time do you spend blogging per week? It depends?actually writing, editing, and formatting blog posts probably about 8 to 10 hours a week, everything else that comes with blogging (if you want your blog to be successful) probably about the same amount of time.
2. Are you a student? Working? A stay at home caregiver? I’m always a student because I am always learning! I’m finishing up my holistic health coaching/nutrition certification at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition? and I work with my clients both from home (long-distance clients) and in person. I also teach classes and workshops locally. I was a stay-at-home mom for a very long time and still consider myself one since my work allows so much flexibility.
3. Can you speak another language? Fluently, no. I did take French for six years and Italian for one year but I’m really rusty. I’m sure it would come back if I made an effort to take it up again.
4. Do you prefer winter or summer? Neither, really. I prefer autumn and spring. I don’t like extreme heat or extreme cold and here in PA we get both.
5. What is your greatest accomplishment of which you are most proud? Being a good wife and mother.
6. Do you prefer reading or watching tv/a movie? What is your favourite book/movie/tv show? I enjoy both but I watch more TV than I read books. I have a lot of favorite shows (one mentioned above), my favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany?s, and I have a lot of favorite books (but I love fantasy, sci-fi, and vampire books?especially southern vampire mystery books if you catch my drift 😉
7. Do you tweet? Yes. www.twitter.com/HHaute
8. How many hours per week do you spend on the computer? Do you want to spend more or less time on the computer? Too many hours. I can’t spend less time on it if I want to continue to grow my blog and business, but I am trying to spend less time on non-productive Internet activities.
9. How important are dreams? Do you find them symbolically meaningful/relevant to your life? I think they are important and do have symbolic meanings in one?s life, especially if they are recurring.
10. Are you a vegetarian/vegan/confused omnivore…what do you eat and what dictates what you choose to eat? Great question! Definitely still figuring stuff out. It?s all part of the Journey. At this point I am a confused omnivore who focuses more on plant foods?but I don’t do dairy. If I didn’t eat meat I’d be a vegan or a bee-gan (vegan who eats bee products)?I’m still learning what works for me during different times of the year and I am keeping an open mind.
11. Did you enjoy doing this tag?! Yes! More than I thought I would.
1. Why did you start your blog?
2. Do you have pets?
3. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
4. What is your favorite indoor activity?
5. What is your favorite way to unwind?
6. How has blogging enhanced your life?
7. What is your favorite sport to watch? To play?
8. What is one dream you had as a child that has come true?
9. What’s your favorite kind of food?
10. What’s one thing on your bucket list?
11. What’s the coolest/best place you’ve had the opportunity to visit?